1752725 Members
5326 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Backup Exec 12.5 Offloaded VSS snapshot problem

M.Braak
Frequent Advisor

Backup Exec 12.5 Offloaded VSS snapshot problem

We used to backup some of our volumes with Symatec Backup Exec 12 with the Lefthand VSS provider. We recently upgraded to SAN/IQ 8.1 and now have troubles backing up the volumes.

MSiSCSI 2.08
Lefthand DSM 8.1.80.1
Lefthand VSS 8.1.0.227

When the backup runs the vss snapshot is created on the san and successfully mounted at the backup server. Howeever backup Exec doesn't do anything for 10 minutes and then de backup jobs failes with the error:

VSS Snapshot error. No volumes were successfully imported to the media server for backup while running the offhost backup. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
V-79-57344-34109 - ADBO: One or more of the volume snapshots could not be transported to the media server. The selection that failed was \\FS01.XXX.LOCAL\D:. Manual resynchronization of the volumes might be required.

The strange things is when i mount a testvolume to the same server that volume can be sucessfully backupped?!?!
When i create a remote copy or smartclone of the volume and mount it to an other machine the volume can also be backupped.

What could cause this issue?
I'm out of ideas.

1 REPLY 1
RobboRobson
Occasional Advisor

Re: Backup Exec 12.5 Offloaded VSS snapshot problem

Hi,

I am now having the same issue with this but in version 9
Did you manage to resolve this or is it still ongoing?

Thanks

James