4326 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot update my StoreVirtual 4330 Cluster due to space utilization

buelowit
Occasional Visitor

Cannot update my StoreVirtual 4330 Cluster due to space utilization

Dear All,

I want to install the current patches on our SV4330 cluster but have currently used ~99% of the RAID10 space of the Storage which causes an alarm. This critical alarm stops the installing of the patches. Is there a way to patch my SV-Cluster with CMC without deleting my Volumes?

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

If you can sustain shifting some of your volumes to a different protection level, that could free up enough space in order to do the patching.  I.E. if you have a 3 node (or more) cluster, you can shift some volumes to NetworkRAID5.  You'll still have single node failure protection, but performance could drop a little.

You can also convert some volumes to thin if they are currently fully provisioned.

Finally, if things are thin already... you can try and find some duplicate files or otherwise redundant data on your volumes and delete them.

I would not suggest going to NetworkRAID0, but that is also an option.  Definitly have a backup though as there is no protection from failure with NR0.

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
buelowit
Occasional Visitor

The issue is, that we have one large DATASTORE-Volume for our VMware machines. It is not able to shift this volume. And it is also not possivble to shrink the vlume because it is not allowed to shrink a datastore within VMware.