108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command line for configuring network IP on SV3200

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Command line for configuring network IP on SV3200

I was using the web GUI to configure the network ports on an SV3200 and foolishly reconfigured the MGMT port's IP and subnet mask and now the SV3200 is broken.

I manged to connect to the 4 different serial ports with the USB cable and can  get to the SEP,  ESP, OS and haLO.  I was hoping to be able to fix the IP configuration through one of those interfaces but I do not know how.

Are there instructions for seting the MGMT ports' IP?

I thought the haLO 'set ipv4' would do it but it looks like the haLOs have their own IPs which are different from the MGMT ports, but are on the same subnet.

Thanks,

Bill

5 REPLIES 5

Is this new Box and not yet in production?

have you configured any of the Host IP or Virtual IP already?

If so then configure your Laptop or management system in Host IP or VIP range and then try to access any of the controller through any of the Host IP address or VIP address. You should be able to reset management IP from SVMC

If this is production box then obviously host ports or VIP configured and you should be able to login to SVMC and fix your issue.

If this is not in production and there is no other Host IP or VIP configured already then you can reimage the system for quick solution

I can fix it through root login from backend but unfortunately I can't share it in public forum as those are HPE internal. You can log a support case with HPE and someone will help you. 

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Acually I have two units.  One in production and one not in production. When I got the second unit and noticed it had the same MGMT IPs as the first one, I erronously thought that would be an issue so set out to fix a problem that wasn't a problem.  I ended up breaking both units.

In reality, none are in production.  They are both in a demo lab.  However If I lose data on the original unit, I lose everything.

I really want to find that back door way to fix the network configuration using root.    The web interface never completely starts on one unit and I cannot even get pings to respond on the second unit. 

Did you contacted HPE Support and opened support ticket?

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how?

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue.

This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Hi Subhajit,

The issue has not been resolved and I'm holding out hope that someone can help me or I can find something online that helps.

The units were a gift from some kind folks for use as demo and self-training.  Unfortunately, the gift did not include HPE support.  

Bill

Solution

If you look for help through root login then HPE support person only can help you because in order to login to root there is one special tool required to generate the OTP or one time password.

Now up to you how you want to proceed.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo