StoreVirtual Storage
1752588 Members
4344 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How can I view the volume usage in CMC9.0??

R. Cheung

How can I view the volume usage in CMC9.0??

I was able to view the volume usage in CMC8.5.
But after I have upgraded my CMC to ver.9.0, I cannot view how much space I have used in a volume or even in a device. It is very inconvenient for me to manage the volume usage.

Did anyone knows how to view the volume used in CMC?
3 REPLIES 3
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

In 9.0 you can see a volume's pseudo usage under the Details tab for the volume assuming you are looking at in the consumed space. Or just Click on the Volumes and Snapshots tree item and it will show consumed space as well.

Keep in mind that you'll need to accound for your Network RAID level and Snapshots in consumed space (and it wont show the actual used space unless you have it thin provisioned).

Obviously not perfect, but at least it's something.
R. Cheung

First of all, thanks for your information, but I am not looking for the Consumed Space.

According to my understanding, Consumed Space shall be how much space I have used to build up the volume.

Actually I want to know how much space I have used and how much space is left inside the volume. The such feature can be found in CMC8.5, but cannot be found in CMC9.0.

Currently if I want to know how much space I have used in the volume, I need to type the command "df" in my linux server platform.

I am still desiring to know did CMC9.0 cancelled the such feature.
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

You are correct in that the old "easy view" is gone (unfortunately). There's another thread with someone saying the exact same thing. There were some alternate suggestions on getting the volume information....though not as easy as having it just display in the CMC.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-LeftHand-P4000/CMC-v9-Hides-Snapshot-and-Used-Space-Details/m-p/4786967#M2681

With my consumed space suggestion, I can usually extrapolate the used space if the volume is thin provisioned. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Perhaps if HP is looking at this forum they will see the many people asking for this feature back. You're not the first looking for it, and certainly won't be the last.