StoreVirtual Storage
1753835 Members
7570 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: It's posible to have a fom in other IP networl and use a router to reach the P4000's cluster?

Ignacio Chavarria
Occasional Contributor

It's posible to have a fom in other IP networl and use a router to reach the P4000's cluster?

Hello

We have a customer with very few machines.

He is asking for the possibility  to have the FOM in a machine not in the P4000's network.

And use a router to interconnect the P4000's cluster and the FOM.

And  another question, what about the CMC ? can it be in other ip network and manage the cluster through a router?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
balblas
Advisor

Re: It's posible to have a fom in other IP networl and use a router to reach the P4000's cluster?

Hi,

Both the CMC and the FOM can be in another IP subnet.

In fact the FOM should be in another subnet, as it should be in another site

Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Why do you want to run the FOM from another ip subnet?

How many nodes?

is this muliti-site?

I am just curious what the goal is?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried this specifically, but I do know you will have to make sure your default gateway for each node is setup correctly and that you have a route from one subnet to the other. Additionally, you have to make sure that DNS is setup correctly for each subnet so that each node knowns where to go for the other nodes.  I know CMC can manage modes in multiple subnets, but you really have to make sure that your site to site links are up to the task.  I don't know how much traffic the FOM uses or what ilatency will mean for the cluster, but it should all work.