StoreVirtual Storage
1752569 Members
5252 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lightning hit the building and on a HPE Raid 5, I Lost 2 nodes. I need to get data off the drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Abelm
Occasional Advisor

Lightning hit the building and on a HPE Raid 5, I Lost 2 nodes. I need to get data off the drives.

Several drives came up suspect when power returned. I then took them out and reseated them. The drives now show healthy, but the Raid thinks it's broken. How can I clear that so it doesn't need to rebuild? With 2 nodes out, it can't rebuild. But I don't think there's anything wrong witht he drives. I just need to tell HPE that they are OK and try and start up. How can I do that?

9 REPLIES 9
Abelm
Occasional Advisor

Re: Lightning hit the building and on a HPE Raid 5, I Lost 2 nodes. I need to get data off the drive

My system is out of support. Is there a way I can create a case and pay for a support ticket? 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I know nothing about the hardware you are using (server, controller model ...) but do you get a question about press F1 or F2 to enable the RAID or keep it disabled?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Abelm
Occasional Advisor

Our devices are Storevirtual P4300G2.. We didn't get the option of F1/F2. I will post a picture of what we have once we get back to the building. Thanks. for replying. 

Kevin2036
Occasional Visitor

To add to abelm's comment, there's no F1/F2 option displayed. There's nothing abnormal displayed on boot up. The only error code is in the iLO log: 

POST Error: 1779-Slot X Drive Array - Replacement drive(s) detected OR previously failed drive(s) now appear to be operational.

The node itself boots and appears in the StoreVirtual Mangement console, but the RAID is Off with a Status of Storage System Not Ready.
Abelm
Occasional Advisor

We need to tell the system that the array is fine and turn raid back on. 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

I think you should get something like this:

i8qxx

Press F2 in that case.

If not, get a SPP ISO, create an USB stick from (USBUtility Tool incloded in the ISO), boot it and select SSA. From there you can re-enable the logical drive too.

I don't know if you can do this from the running OS somehow.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Abelm
Occasional Advisor

That worked! Thank you so much for the help. 

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Pressing F2 or booting SSP, what was your solution?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Abelm
Occasional Advisor

The solution was to boot ssp from USB stick. We did not have the option to hit F2. We are up and running. Thanks so much for the help.