1753259 Members
5446 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Embedded jetdirect giving 0.0.0.0 ip and can't hold dhcp

rsandgren
Occasional Contributor

Embedded jetdirect giving 0.0.0.0 ip and can't hold dhcp

I have a 4350n with an embedded jetdirect card. It won't hold an IP and goes back to 0.0.0.0 when set to config method=manual. Replaced the formater which also replaced the embedded jetdirect. Still won't hold an IP
4 REPLIES 4
razzer
Honored Contributor

Re: Embedded jetdirect giving 0.0.0.0 ip and can't hold dhcp

if you print a configuration page ,does it give an eio page with it?if it does , does it read card ready or have you gotten any internal loopback errors?
rsandgren
Occasional Contributor

I get that page but the IP is all zeros. It says ready.
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

What happens if you set it to config method DHCP? It goes back to 0.0.0.0 aswell?

If that is the case and it won;t hold the manually configured IP either, it definately sounds faulty...

Have you checked that the network connection is fine etc?
Where there is a will there is a way...
rsandgren
Occasional Contributor

I set it to DHCP, still all zeros.
The port was tested with a laptop, still all zeros. The embedded I/O page prints. I work for the 2nd largest healthcare company in the world. I setup a replacement printer to send this clinic and when I set it up I got the same problem. No matter what I did it printed all zeros. It was getting late so I said I'll finish this in the morning but when I got here the next morning there was a DHCP on this printer. I got excited thinking maybe it takes longer for an embedded I/O to pick up a DHCP. But the clinic still has all zeros.