1748170 Members
4338 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

KVM warning: PC Entering Power Saving Mode

Vu Tan Tien

KVM warning: PC Entering Power Saving Mode

Hi all,
I've just bought an HP rack, including a TFT7600 monitor and HP Server Console 0x1x8 Port Analog Switch(AF616A).
Yesterday, it was totally OK when I plugged two HP servers (rx6600 and DL380) to KVM switch.
But today, right after plugging an IBM server (x3500 M2) to that switch, I cannot see the display of two HP servers. In the monitor, I can still the that two servers, but when pressing Enter, it said that:
"Warning: PC Entering Power Saving Mode"
"RED, GREEN, BLUE"

I'm sure it's because of the KVM switch, because I tried another monitor and the problem is still the same.

I have tried re-installing the firmware of the KVM switch (v2.02.02, just like the old firmware because I couldn't find the newer).

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you very much.

Tien Vu Tan - Vietnam
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: KVM warning: PC Entering Power Saving Mode

> "Warning: PC Entering Power Saving Mode"
> "RED, GREEN, BLUE"

This message is most likely generated by the TFT7600 monitor itself, to indicate it's been switched to a server whose screen saver has turned off the display signal.

After selecting the HP server and pressing Enter to switch to it, move the mouse or press any key to "wake up" the display on the server you just selected.

MK
MK
Vu Tan Tien

Thank you Matti for your reply.

Of course I had typed a lot of keys or moved the mouse each time the warning appeared :). I also restarted both servers (via remote console to servers) but nothing changed.

I've just tried to plug another monitor, PS/2 keyboard and mouse to the KVM switch (not using the default HP TFT7600), I could totally see the Windows screen. So I think it's not because of the TFT monitor.

Hi friends,

I have de same problem, is necessary connect a network cable in port 01 in switch of KVM and port with letter A

Try it, solve your problem