5805 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCM+ and Java

jc_paris
Occasional Contributor

PCM+ and Java

Hi

I've installed PCM+ on a server Windows Server 2003 R2 and when I launch "Procurve Manager", I have this message : "Could not create the java virtual machine".

what does this mean?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Java is hardware-architecture-independent, because it offers an entirely standardized and self-contained execution environment for Java applications - a sort of simplified virtual machine.

If you aren't interested in the implementation details of Java, that error message is excessively technical: a better wording might be simply "Could not start Java".

Check the PCM+ installation instructions for Java version requirements, then make sure you have a suitable version of Java runtime environment (JRE) installed. You can download it from www.java.com if you don't have it.

MK
MK
jc_paris
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Java jre6 update 23 is installed but I have always the message. I don't understand why.
RalphB
Frequent Advisor

jc_paris -

PCM has jvm built-in, and ignores any jre that you have installed. So, jre is not the problem.

I have heard of one occasion in which the install of PCM did not fully complete, and the javaw.exe file was missing from this folder:

Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\hp_pcm_jre\bin . I suggest you check there for javaw.exe .