1753407 Members
6862 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP Object Navigator from HP?

lightxx
Frequent Advisor

SNMP Object Navigator from HP?

now we all know Cisco's famous SNMP Object Navigator (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en), and I just can't find HP's equivalent to it.

ideas, anyone?
7 REPLIES 7
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi Thomas
you can observing procurve manager.

http://www.hp.com/rnd/products/management/ProCurve_Manager_Plus/overview.htm

cenk

cenk

lightxx
Frequent Advisor

hi.

we already own PCM+, but that's not what i'm asking for.

i want to have HP make a web page that is similar to Cisco's SNMP Object Navigator.

of course i could download all the mibs and get crazy searching for a specific OID, but that's just not what i want.

thanks,
Tom
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

For now, downloading the MIBs is the only way.
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

wow. no more procurves for us then.
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

What are the OID's you need?

(Also are there any other vendors that you know of that have an object navigator? It's a nice thing to have but if it's only Cisco and I had to pay their premium prices I could easily live without it).
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

i'm currently writing an in-house application for vlan-provisioning. hence i need to know a lot of OIDs concerning all kind of VLAN related stuff.

don't get me wrong, searching through the hpvlan.mib works as well, it just takes ages longer than using cisco's search tool.

and our procurves were in now way cheaper than the catalysts we bought before ;)
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

Wiresharking the PCM+ traffic is a lot of help as well, again, its just not as comfortable as having a complete page with search function.