6211 Online
108959 Solutions
New Discussion

Trying to connect to a J9280A ProCurve Switch 2510G-48

akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Trying to connect to a J9280A ProCurve Switch 2510G-48

Hello,

Are you using this switch only for forwarding the lan then I believe setting looks fine.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Rick_AU

Re: Trying to connect to a J9280A ProCurve Switch 2510G-48

Hi,

I have had similar issues to you since aquiring my HP ProCurve J9280A Switch 2510G-48 switch a year or so ago but a few days ago I decided not to be beaten by it so I decided to get it up and running.  My solution approach, although it only provides me CLI access to the switch, follows:

1. Connected the switch into a running network
  2. Reset the switch with 2 paperclips (front panel) by following the recommended procedure for my switch
  3. Ran Zenmap wit full port scan
  4. Identified all the SNMP devices on the network and looked for the one that was a Hewlett-Packard SNMPv3 Server and took note of the IP address
  5. telnet to the IP address of the noted device
  6. CLI access available

Now, this worked for me and provided you have no hardware issues it could work for you.  Now all I need to do is work out how to get web access to the device and where to get the latest firmware so then my RSA algorithms are more current than the ones I have.