Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth Management 1920 S ( JL381 A )

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Bandwidth Management 1920 S ( JL381 A )

Hello Guys, good morning!
I have a JL381A and i have a setup that sometimes i need to send a public ip adress to my client from my ISP, and i have to setup a bandwitch direct from my switch.. and i cant find anywhere " usable " to do it from this switch.
I have the latest firmware PD.02..14

I already looked everywhere, since manual and looked on the internet.. and i can`t find a thing.. i am missing something?

Theres a way i can control like.. i want this port to do only 10 MB ?

Thanks in Advantage.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Bandwidth Management 1920 S ( JL381 A )

@Litow wrote: I have a JL381A and i have a setup that sometimes i need to send a public ip adress to my client from my ISP, and i have to setup a bandwitch direct from my switch.. and i cant find anywhere " usable " to do it from this switch.

Hi! please...are you able to rephrase your highlighted statement above? what are you meaning? what is your exact purpose?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Sure...

Im not the ISP.. i work in IT that recieves the link from a isp..  and the clients buy from me a link, and i create a vlan and make bandwitch and distribute the way the client wants.. cable.. wifi.. it works like that 99% of the cases.

Somethimes a client want a public ip adress , to make a video call, or anything he wants.. and i cant make the bandwitch from my router.. so i want to lock the bandwidth from the switch..

do i make myself more clear? 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Now it's more clear than before.

I'm supposing your VLAN IDs (one for each of your clients) at access level (untagged) are going to match the VLAN IDs tagged into the uplink to your Router (which should do the routing and NAT - and PAT - to Internet).

If so you should play with COS or ACL and committing rate (but you should be careful about the direction - incoming to the Switch or outgoing from the Switch - on which the ACL applies because that has an impact on traffic outgoing to your Router from the matching VLAN ID or traffic incoming from your Router with destination the matched VLAN ID). Personally I never tried on a HPE OfficeConnect 1920S.

Have a look at HPE OfficeConnect Support Portal (filter for "1920S") for all released documentation/software and directly HPE OfficeConnect 1920S Switch Series Management and Configuration guide for configuration details.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner