Web and Unmanaged
1752815 Members
5868 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Config link aggregation between ESXi 6.0 U3 (free edition) and Switch HP 1920-48G JG927A

marcelovvm
Occasional Contributor

Config link aggregation between ESXi 6.0 U3 (free edition) and Switch HP 1920-48G JG927A

I'm trying a couple of days to set up a link aggregation between an HP Switch HP 1920-48G JG927A and ESXi 6.0 U3 (free version). J; I've tried several configurations and algorithms of LACP (in ESXi), but the maximum I could do was to create a failover with 4 links ... one of them is active and the others in failover mode. But what I want is to join 4 1GB link to create a 4GB link.

I also read that this would only be possible in the paid version of ESXi, since it would have to use a distributed switch and not the virtual switch that the free version provides. That's right?

Live long and prosper,
Marcelo Magalh├гes
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

Live long and prosper,
Marcelo Magalh├гes
2 REPLIES 2
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

Re: Config link aggregation between ESXi 6.0 U3 (free edition) and Switch HP 1920-48G JG927A

Hello!

Yes. ESXi only supports LACP on Distributed Switches. You need a non-protocol link aggregation.

More information in KB below:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1004048?r=2&other.KM_Utility.getArticleDetails=1&other.KM_Utility.getArticleMetadata=1&other.KM_Utility.getAllTranslatedLanguages=1&ui-comm-runtime-components-aura-components-siteforce- qb.Quarterback.validateRoute = 1

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
marcelovvm
Occasional Contributor

Re: Config link aggregation between ESXi 6.0 U3 (free edition) and Switch HP 1920-48G JG927A

Hi  johnk3r,

First of all... thanks for the answer.

In case my HP switch does not support another link aggregation protocol, how could I do a link aggregation between an ESXi (free) and the HP 1920-48G JG927A Switch?

Live long and prosper,
Marcelo Magalh├гes

Live long and prosper,
Marcelo Magalh├гes