1755364 Members
3570 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion

HP OfficeConnect 1920-24g reset to factory defaults

DIorga

HP OfficeConnect 1920-24g reset to factory defaults

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to perform a reset to factory defaults on a JG924A switch without using the web interface or the console? I couldn't find physical reset buttons like many other devices, and searching around I found that some Procurve switches can be reset by powering them down, connect Ports 1 and 2 with each other, power up the switch and wait for a few minutes. 

Would this work for my model as well?

NOTE: I've been messing around with RADIUS authentication and forgetting to set secondary method to local, I managed to lock myself out of the system when the server failed. Console connection is sadly not an option at the moment.

5 REPLIES 5
RTH777

Re: HP OfficeConnect 1920-24g reset to factory defaults

Did you ever find an answer to this- is there a physical way to reset the 1920 without CLI or web?

Thanks.

sp_00n
Occasional Advisor

ONLY CLI. you need to have a connected console during boot up, press CTRL+B, select skip current configuration, then continue boot and you will access the switch without any authentication. Then you can clear current configuration. 

LUIS4
Occasional Advisor

YO TENGO EL MISMO PROBLEMA PRACTICAMENTE, PERO CUANDO ME CONECTO POR LA CONSOLA Y ESTA INICIANDO LE DOY A CONTROL + B Y NO ME FUNCIONA, POR FAVOR SI ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR

LUIS4
Occasional Advisor

SR. CUANDO LE DOY A CONTROL + B NO ME FUNCIONA, LE EXPLICO MI CASO , YO ACEDIA POR LA INTERFACE WEB PERO BORRE SIN QUERER LOS ARCHIVOS (jg925a-cmw520-r1115.bak.bin) ENTRE OTROS QUE ESTABAN EN LA LISTA, AHORA EL SWICTH SE QUEDA PARPADIANDO EL LED DE ENCENDIDO Y CUANDO LE CONECTO UN CABLE UTP NO HACE NADA, OK LOGRE CONECTARME POR CONSOLA, PERO NO OBEDECE LOS COMANDOS, POR QUE CUANDO ESTA INICANDO LE DOY A CONTROL + B Y NO HACE NADA, QUE PUEDO HACER? 

LUIS4
Occasional Advisor

Application program does not exist.