108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE 1920 JG928A - not been able to login as admin through Radius

SOLVED
Go to solution
AWOLFIT
Occasional Visitor

HPE 1920 JG928A - not been able to login as admin through Radius

Hello! I'm having this next issue, I configured a RADIUS server in Windows 2012 R2 (clients and policies), and one of the Radius clients is a HPE 1920 switch, model JG928A, firmware Comware 5.20.

I can access just fine to the switch, through Radius protocol, but I cannot manage to access with admin permissons.

I already setted up in the Server Policies a Service-Type Administrative setting, but still not working.

I looked in forums and several places and documents, but I cannot find the answer to this. I would really appreciate some help on this

Thanks in advance! Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Philippe_D
Advisor

Hello,

Have you also tried to configure this outbound attribute on the radius server?

I know it's a cisco attribute but if I remember well this worked with one of my customers using comware5.

Cisco-AV-Pair (26 vendor specific) (9 cisco) (1 Cisco-AV-Pair) = shell:roles="network-admin"

AWOLFIT
Occasional Visitor

Hello Philippe_D! Thank you for responding.

I tried that in Connection request and Network Policy for this device, but unfortunately did not worked.

In the Access-Accept packets coming from the Radius Server I can see the Cisco attribute is there, but still can't manage to access with admin permissons.

I found that Comware 5.2 is related with H3C vendor, and according to this link -> https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000005293&docLocale=en_US   the attribute should be the 29, value 3, but is not recognizing it as a valid attribute.

Any other idea? Again thank you for your reply

AWOLFIT
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I've found the solution!!

All you have to do is the configurations specified in this link https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=8498821&docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000005296