Web and Unmanaged
1753602 Members
6175 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProCurve 1810-48G. "Syncing filesystem to Active and Backup locations" causes trunks t

YDG

ProCurve 1810-48G. "Syncing filesystem to Active and Backup locations" causes trunks to drop/die.

Hello,

We have a HP ProCurve 1810-48G J9660A that we recently configured several trunks (link aggregations) on.

Ever since that was done we have been experiencing momentary outages where the switch's trunks seem to become unusable.

The downtimes coincide with the following (Info) message in the logs "Syncing filesystem to Active and Backup locations: Done". This is occurring several times a day and lasts for up to 20-30 seconds. Additionally, the syncing messages only seem to occur during business hours when there is network activity.

I'm completely baffled, and there's absolutely zero information out there regarding this issue.

I feel if I could at least prevent these filesystem syncs that would be useful, but I cannot seem to find any configuration that pertains to this process.

Does anyone have any smart ideas? 

p.S. This thread has beenmoved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Web and Unmanaged. - Hp forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
BuGless
Occasional Advisor

Re: ProCurve 1810-48G. "Syncing filesystem to Active and Backup locations" causes trunks t

Try setting the loglevel to DEBUG, maybe it turns up something noteworthy around the time he syncs the filesystems.

FWIW: I just checked my 1810-24Gv2 and it does not show that Syncing filesystem message anywhere.