Web and Unmanaged
1752701 Members
5642 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: replacing a HP V1810-48G switch

jb1785

replacing a HP V1810-48G switch

I have a HP V1810-48G (J9660A) that went bad. I thankfully had a backup one that I just loaded the config on and I was off and running. I was looking for a replacement but I was wondering what the current equivalent to that switch would be? I would still like to keep my backup so if I could get a switch that could share the config that would be optimal.

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: replacing a HP V1810-48G switch

@jb1785 wrote:

I was looking for a replacement but I was wondering what the current equivalent to that switch would be? I would still like to keep my backup so if I could get a switch that could share the config that would be optimal.

Equivalent in terms of features it provides? or identical in order to upload your backup configuration file without any (manual) modification on a backup unit and avoid long disruptions in case of issues?

The J9660A looks quite old (first reference on QuickSpecs goes back to June 2011)...its software (PK Branch, actually PK.1.34) despite being curently updated is, AFAIK, neither HP Comware 5 (as in other OfficeConnect Switch series like 1920 or 1910) nor HP ProVision (as in typical HP ProCurve - now Aruba - Switch series)...so it's neither fish nor flesh, it's custom (like actual HPE OfficeConnect 1920S which differ from HPE OfficeConnect 1920)...hard to say if you can easily upload a PK Software Branch's Switch configuration file on a just similar (not exactly equal) architecture and hoping it will be accepted and thus work as expected.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner