4698 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Volume Shadow copy

Lucky Luciano
Regular Advisor

Volume Shadow copy

Hi
W2003 R2 with Volume shadow copy, but I can run it only manually, on scheduled bases it is not working
No error message in log, just task which states that "could not start"
I can not find a help
I admire your fashionable running shoes!
7 REPLIES 7
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Hi Luciano, please take a look at this web site:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Windows-Server-2003-Volume-Shadow-Copy-Service.html
Best Regards :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Lucky Luciano
Regular Advisor

Hi

this I have already found this documents, but it is general and I know how to set it, I was already using VSC, but now it stopped to work

Thanks anyway
Daniele Simoni
Regular Advisor

Hi Luciano,
the Volume shadow copy is been created for backupping up in real time shared folders , why do you need to schedule this???
This functionality works for all the time or not work , it's a nonsense starts VSC only for piece of the day.

Regards

Daniele
Lucky Luciano
Regular Advisor

Hi Daniele

I am afraid that you are now absolutely wrong, as VSC schedules itself to be done at certain time of a day.
Sense or nonsense but this serves as partial backup option.
Scheduled task is created as result of seting of VSC

See you
Daniele Simoni
Regular Advisor

Maybe i exlained wrong ; The default setting schedule one time for day the VSC , so I don't understand your problem after you enable VSC.

Daniele
Lucky Luciano
Regular Advisor

Daniele, that is the point, that after seting VSC, it creates scheduled task, but it does not runs at expected time, I am not able to run it, only through settings for VSC I am able to create manual shadow copy

See you
Lucky Luciano
Regular Advisor

I don't know how and why, it started to work.
Thanks to anyone