New Discussion юеВ

HPE Support Center query showing documents in any language

SOLVED
Go to solution
Markus Oppel
Occasional Advisor

HPE Support Center query showing documents in any language

Hi folks at HPE,

since a couple of days HPE support center shows documents in any available language when searching for a product. I would expect it to show answers only in the language which is setup in my profile. Displaying Russian, Chinese, Japanese etc. documents is really confusing.

Maybe HPE should adopt a standard search engine behavior. For example, if I search for an English keyword Google does not show Russian or Chinese results.

Does anybody have the same experience?

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Oppel
University of Vienna
4 REPLIES 4
Vajith V
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE Support Center query showing documents in any language

Hello @Markus Oppel ,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working to improve support experience in terms of delivering the relevant support content and resources to our customers. Hence this feedback will pass to our Product team for further analysis. However to understand this issue better, would you please share the screen pic of the portal page you are referring here, that would help us to investigate the issue and take appropriate actions.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the HPE Support Center. We value your feedback as we continue to improve the support experience for our customers.

Best Regards,
Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Markus Oppel
Occasional Advisor

Hi Vajith,

thanks for your reply. So I take it as a bug on the support website which will, hopefully, be fixed in the near future.

Best regards,

Markus

Markus Oppel
University of Vienna
Vajith V
HPE Pro

Thank you Markus.

Would you be able share the screen picture of this error? This would help us to expedite the investigation.

Best Regards,
Vajiht 

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

HPE_Help
Occasional Advisor

Hello - you may want to check to make sure the language selection drop down (next to your profile name in the grey menu bar at the top) is set to the language you would like.   Sometimes if you run Google translate on a document that may have been in a different language the websites in Chrome may revert to that language in future views.   I have had this happen where we were trying to translate a German version of a document and for some reason the future views of a couple of web site including the HPE Support site changed default language views.