1752786 Members
5667 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Microserver gen10+ no video on displayport

justas

HPE Microserver gen10+ no video on displayport

Hello,

This microserver gen10+ is supposed to be connected via VGA for video output? Display port works only when some OS is loaded?

7 REPLIES 7
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Microserver gen10+ no video on displayport

Greetings!

As per server quickspecs, Microserver Gen10s comes with Display Ports 1.2

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00008701enw

Are you trying to connect the display port dongle adapter cable to transfer the DisplayPort to a VGA source? If yes, the DisplayPort design for DisplayPort 1.2 requires an тАЬactiveтАЭ dongle adapter cable to transfer video output.

To isolate whether it is display port adapter or display driver issue, please install OS using the VGA port and later switch to display port.

You may also connect to a monitor having display port (i.e. display port to display port connection)

Additonal info:

After OS installation, if Default Audio Device Setting of the Display Port Is Disabled then please following below advisory.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00018202en_us

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
monstercoo

Wow, I ran into this issue with a new gen10 plus.

Displayport doesn't work out of the box. You must use vga for intial setup (or ilo).

It's a pain in the butt finding a vga monitor these days. It would be really convienent for displayport to work right from the start.

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Could you confirm if the display port works fine at the OS level?

Once you confirm, we will have this update passed to the concerned team.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
akvadrako
Visitor

I can confirm my Displayport does not work during the boot or in the Linux console. Is it supposed to?

Actually I just tried again today and it did indeed work, with the same monitor and cable. Both during the firmware boot and in the console.

Perhaps it was because I plugged in the DP cable before I plugged in the server. Is that the workaround?

techin
Super Advisor

@akvadrako 

That sounds like a good workaround

Any thoughts @BPSingh , @monstercoo , @justas 

KTrojok

.. this isn't true, is it? I just bought an Gen 10 Plus and only have digital KVM.

How about a functioning DP port under VMware ESXi? Can you change graphics settings in BIOS?

kind regards
Konrad

Floyd71
Advisor

As I founded, Displaz port can work if showing high resolution picture.

If you want to do basic setup, textual setup of operating system (such are TrueNAS or similar), display port is useless - only connection to iLO can help.

Display port will work if you have installed Windows or similar operating system.