1757370 Members
2615 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion

SV3200 Storage Controller critical -no alarms -no warning -no events

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

SV3200 Storage Controller critical -no alarms -no warning -no events

Today in the never ending struggle with the SV3200 we were again experiencing iscsiprt errors. Normally they last for a minute or more stalling our VM's but today everything went offline with no backup or workload during after working hours.

Last time I experienced this was with a backup of the VMs. Giving the backup full bandwith brings everything down for sure but not always. Throttling seemed to solve it for a while but then the throttled backup brought the disks and VMs offline again this weekend. I was able to bring everyhing back online after a while.

Today everything went down again. 

Going over the SV3200 events and alarms I saw that some of the servers had lost connections. not something I didn't know. Going over the other screens the Storage Systems are all OK: "High availability status is highly available, Inter-controller communication status is normal, The two storage controllers are paired, Storage system is normal"

One storage system on the Storage Controller page has however this: "Store process state is normal, Internal communication process not reachable, Repair status is normal"

IP adresses, info, etc is all unavailable.

Any idea to fix this?