Advancing Life & Work
1767183 Members
3620 Online
108959 Solutions
New Article
DesireeCH

The perfect 20-year professional journey with a healthy work-life balance!

colleagues.jpg

Having the opportunity to sit down and chat with so many brilliant HPE employees is a gift. But having to interview female leaders with stunning career journeys that people can relate to, is definitely the cherry on top!   

The HPE Communication Technology Group (CTG) is one of those businesses where interesting and amazing stories are always there to serve as inspiration. Meet Marta and learn about her 20-year journey:

My story at HPE started in September 2000 (HP at that time). I was not graduated yet and was still waiting for the last exam to be passed with the thought in mind of Master Thesis in Telecommunication Engineering planned for October.

HPE was not my first job. During university, I worked at an oil company as a stager at the Instrument Telecomm Metering Department of Aker Offshore Partner, Stavanger (Norway). Then I worked in Ericsson Mobile Communication AB, Lund (Sweden) while writing my Master Thesis on “Software interface for a multi technologies system phone".

The year 2000 was filled with job opportunities for neo graduates in Telecommunication Engineering. For example, handed out my CV during SMAU Milano 1999 and I received so many job opportunities that it was very difficult to choose until I received a job proposal from Alessandro Perot to work on an incoming project for a new Internet Service Provider called “Fastweb”. My role was testing the integration of HP OpenCall Platform in Fastweb network to provide Freephone and Premium Number. Later I realized my job was not only validating the integration but validate VoIP calls and make them work. Sniffing H323 and then SIP packets were my main job. This role gave me the opportunity to collaborate in Grenoble with the OpenCall R&D team to speed up platform debug.

Almost 21 years have passed and I’m still working for HPE in Fastweb Projects. Back in 2000, I was part of a team of 7 members, today we are 156.

I started as a tester and then a technical consultant until I understood Project and Program Manager was my career path.

Today, I can proudly say I have become the Program Manager of Fastweb projects related to Network, IT BSS, and IT OSS services. Project Manager of some other specific projects but moreover, I'm PMO responsible for Fastweb Program. Due to this role, I got the chance during HPE Project Manager Summit 2021 to participate as a speaker with a Lesson Learned on Change Management, unfortunately virtually.

Am I proud of my career journey? ... I would have to say yes, pretty much. The opportunities are endless if you know what you want and where do you want to go. From my experience leadership has always been there to support. I've was able to participate in two international events and I couldn't have done it without my manager supports:

• In 2019 Live PM Summit settled in Valencia, it was organized together with Sales and Delivery Opportunity Managers. I had the opportunity to meet HPE Worldwide Management Team and to meet colleagues coming from EMEA.
  • In 2014 Global WIN (Woman International Networking) Conference, Berlin (Germany), HP was and is one of the sponsors. I was one of the 700 international women participating in this global leadership event designed by women for women and men who want to be part of shaping the new paradigm of leading authentically, integrating feminine values and global interconnectedness.

Working in HPE has not only helped to develop my professional soft and technical skills but has also allowed me to be part of a big family in which “colleagues” become “friends” and it is so nice to meet them also outside the office.

About the Author: 

Marta Sacchini, Senior Project Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise ItalyMarta Sacchini, Senior Project Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise ItalyMarta graduated in Telecommunication Engineering at Polytechnic of Turin, Turin (Italy) at 25 years old.

Today she is a Program and Project manager at HPE Communication Technology Group Family, since 2015. Prior to this position, she was managing the Head of IT Demand team and Head of Business Analysts for BSS (Portal and CRM) for Fastweb projects.

Her experience includes consulting, selling, and managing the delivery of complex telecommunication OSS and BSS projects, pursuing business growth for HPE CTG, and acting as a trusted advisor for her customer.

Marta lives in Milan, Italy, with her husband and two sons, a girl and a boy, and enjoys spending time with her family, reading, traveling and family movie nights.

#wearehpe #WorkThatFitsYourLife #OneCTG

Stay connected to Marta via LinkedIn and learn more about career opportunities at HPE within the Communications and Technology Group (CTG) don't forget to explore EMEA and the rest of the world and join the team today! 

Desiree Chavez
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Careers
linkedin.com/groups/7412053/
facebook.com/HPECareers
hpe.com/careers

DesireeCH
0 Kudos
About the Author

DesireeCH

Employer brand and digital media evangelist. Proactively searching for new trends and best in class practices to find, converse, share, engage and refer potential candidates and bring the best Talent for the company.