Advancing Life & Work
1776979 Members
2335 Online
109061 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
DesireeCH

What does it mean to be part of HPE's Black Employee Network?

3.jpg

I am currently the Strategic Pricing Manager for Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in North America compute. I help sales and category managers receive cost relief, alternative SKU assistance, and offer competitive pricing options. This new role has prepared me to better understand HPE products and ensuring that we as a company remain competitive when it comes to pricing. In 2019, I was awarded the i2i ideas to innovation award for helping to create a better process in quoting customized HPE products.

2.jpgFor the past year, I have been a part of Black Employee Network (BEN), Employee Resource Groups serving an active role as the networking chair. I led an initiative to increase BEN membership in the Houston office by increasing our presence at on-campus and off-campus events.

Our major events last year included our first executive speed networking event, we had 15 Houston executives and 44 employees participate in a quick 8 minute rounds. Which also let employees get one on one time with top HPE personnel like never before. We also held our highest attending Juneteenth event. We had a live re-enactment, vendors, and almost 200 HPE employees attending.

Iโ€™m honored to be recognized for my contributions. Being awarded the 2020 Champion Contributor Award for being active in inclusion and diversity for my contributions in the activations of various employee engagements in both local and enterprise-wide activities.

What has helped me succeed over the years is continuing to have an overcomerโ€™s mindset and truly believing in myself. Being that I am early in my career it can sometimes be seen as a disadvantage to not have as much work experience. However with encouragement through my family, friends, and HPE network my belief in being able to accomplish anything set before me continues to increase.  Early on in my career I had the opportunity to work overseas for 6 months and was ultimately told no time and time again. Yet, I did not let that deter me, I built connections and applied for the position anyways and was selected to live in the Netherlands. I choose to see the positive in every obstacle and instead view it as a stepping stone in my career. I recently applied for a management position and I was told that I did not have enough experience/ had not been at HPE long enough. However, I did not let this stop me from my goal of advancing my career.

4.jpg

HPE also saw the fire in my eyes and determination in my spirit and bypassed the years of experience and instead had faith in my ability to get things done. I said all of this to say, just because others say no, doesnโ€™t mean no! This statement holds true for me in every aspect and I hope it inspires others to take a chance on themselves. HPE has made a huge impact on my career by allowing me the opportunity to gain mentors that are sharpening my skills and have shaped my career thus far. Being a part of BEN has been beneficial to me because it has provided leadership opportunities as well as assisted in the expansion of my network.  

Ashley , Strategic Pricing Manager Hybrid IT, North America Region at Hewlett Packard Enterprise DavisAshley , Strategic Pricing Manager Hybrid IT, North America Region at Hewlett Packard Enterprise DavisAbout the Author:
Ashley Davis is a Strategic Pricing Manager for Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in North America Compute business unit. She helps sales and category managers receive cost relief, alternative SKU assistance, and offer competitive pricing options. She is a recipient of the 2019 i2i ideas to innovation award for helping to create a better process in quoting customized HPE products, and most recently the 2020 recipient of Champion Contributor Award. 

Stay connected to Ashley on LinkedIn. 

Join our talented team as our new I&D Program Manager and keep up to date with #LifeatHPE and #HPECulture by visiting our career site

DesireeCH
0 Kudos
About the Author

DesireeCH

Employer brand and digital media evangelist. Proactively searching for new trends and best in class practices to find, converse, share, engage and refer potential candidates and bring the best Talent for the company.