Around the Storage Block
1748233 Members
3380 Online
108759 Solutions
New Article
CalvinZito

How iLand delivers secure cloud hosting and uses HPE Nimble Storage

At VeeamON a couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of talking to Dante Orsini from iLand, a global cloud service provider. I found lots of joint HPE Nimble Storage and iLand Podcast.jpgconnections that we have to our Italian backgrounds and Western New York and this is a really good podcast. 

Dante joined HPE in a couple of sessions we had at VeeamON. I really liked the story he had and thought it would make for a good podcast discussion. 

Listen to the podcast by clicking here!

To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com, Google Play Music. and just added to Spotify Podcast, and Stitcher On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

Summarizing the podcast

• 00:00-03:00 Introduction and brief history of iLand.
  • 03:00-06:00 What challenges did iLand have to solve and how did Nimble Storage help? (standardize, simplify and automate!)
  • 06:00-08:15 Looking closer at how HPE InfoSight helps iLand deliver cloud data services to their customers
  • 08:15-10:45 Where does iLand provide cloud services to customers, importance of security, and what is the profile of iLand customers? 
  • 10:45-12:45 Education and hands-on-labs solutions from iLand that HPE, Veeam, and Zerto (among others) use. 
  • 12:45-14:45 iLand's disaster recovery solution, trying out iLand services, and "crowdsourced roadmaps".
  • 14:45-15:45 Wrap-up

Diving deeper

About HPE Storage Guy (aka The Storage Godfather)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marks 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was just recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 10 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB