New Discussion

Any word on when 5.1 will be GA?

SOLVED
Go to solution
David767
Visitor

Any word on when 5.1 will be GA?

Hi,

Is there any date planned for the release of NOS 5.1 into GA?  I'm keen to update for the HTML5 integration in vCenter but do not want a pre-GA release.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: Any word on when 5.1 will be GA?

Hi David767 

I am afraid to say that unfortunately, We don't have a date when it will be labelled GA from GAC as of now. We hope that it will meet our internal testing qualifications for GA as early as possible.

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

We have roughly 10% of the installed base running NimbleOS 5.1 in production as I type this message - so the adoption curve is good. We've just released NimbleOS 5.1.4.100 - which is a maintenence release that will clear up a couple of niggly bugs - and all being well, that will be the GA release.

If your system is whitelisted for NimbleOS 5.1, then Infosight has deemed you safe to go to NimbleOS 5.1 already based on any known issues or bugs. It's ready for production use right now.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Thomas Biesmans
Occasional Advisor

As a follow-up to that question: I can't seem to find a publicly available list on InfoSight that properly details which releases are IPR, GAC, GA or LTSR and what each level entails. There's the unofficial list on this community, but for example it lists 5.0.9.0 as GA while I can't find its release notes on InfoSight.

Additionally, can I assume that GACs are also covered for 99,9999% availability? Specifically asking for an upcoming dHCI with Peer Persistence setup that should be running  GAC 5.1.4.100 as far as I can see. Or is 5.1.4.100 not called a GAC, only a maintenance release? See why I need the first doc? ;D

I'll post this in the TechPro Community as well, might be a better fit than an already solved question.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

I've answered on TechPro forums.

Reposted:

All Nimble & Support policies are conveniently stored on Infosight Documentation under "Support Policy". You'll find the designations for hardware and software here.

"GA Candidate" code should not be assumed that it carries 99.9999% availability - which could be the reason why it's still GAC. We have a higher watermark for availability, code stability, bugs and field adoption before we mark code as Generally Available.

As of this week - 5.1.4.100 specifically has been blacklisted as we've found a corner bug replication & multiple data subnets which can cause controller reboots in specific situations. We are awaiting 5.1.4.200 to be released with the fix.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_