4998 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AlertMail OA send low-priority email

Marcel Vader
Occasional Advisor

AlertMail OA send low-priority email

Hi,
When alertMail is activated the Onboard Administrator will send it's email in low priority, which means that it will be send during nightly hours. Not very handy. Where can I change that?
4 REPLIES 4
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

AlertMail is sent from OA when an event occurs, if it occurs in odd hours you will see the messages in that time.
In OA there is no Option to set the alerts to be sent only during particular time.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcel,

there is no possibility to change the email priority setting on the OA side. I guess you have to look at your SMTP email server settings and make sure that low priority/normal email messages are send out directly, eventually based on the source (sender) if you do not want all normal email to be send directly.

If i have a informational event or a critical event, i get it directly in my inbox, so it is not the OA that holds it up but it is pure down to the SMTP/email server.

HTH

Kris

Marcel Vader
Occasional Advisor

Kris,

Indeed it is possible to change low priority mail at out smtp server, but I think that you should troubleshoot the issue by the source... The email looks like:

To: abc@abc.nl
X-OS: HP Onboard Administrator
X-Priority: 5 (Low)

Maybe it's a bug in de OA's firmware.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcel,

not sure what OA firmware version you were running at but at least now in the OA firmware version 2.25 the email
alerts i see are send with different Importance level, not sure when this changed.

i.e. this Informational event is send with X-Priority: 5 and marked as 'low' importance in my Inbox.

Subject: HP AlertMail-000: (INFO) Onboard Administrator Booted
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:33:22 +0200
To: kris.rombauts@xyz.com
X-Priority: 5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Message-ID: <20080829101005.C164C357830@smtp2.abc.xyz.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Return-Path: Shorty_WTEC@shorty.abc.xyz.com

However a Warning level event is send with X-priotity=3 and marked as 'normal' importance level:

Subject: HP AlertMail-008: (WARNING) Power Supply #2: Unknown
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:12:26 +0200
To: kris.rombauts@xyz.com
X-Priority: 3
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Message-ID: <20080829074752.18746357812@smtp2.abc.xyz.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Return-Path: Shorty@shorty.abc.xyz.com

So some priority seems to be incorporated now, depending on the criticality of the event, but it is
hard coded and not user configurable on a per event i.e.

Kris