BladeSystem - General
1753347 Members
4919 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot see server serial & product part anymore! iLO serial is displayed instead

Leclef

Cannot see server serial & product part anymore! iLO serial is displayed instead

I have 6 blades BL460c G1 and for 5 of thoses, when I connect to OnBoard Administrator, I can see the serial number of the server. One of those anyway doesn't show the serial number of the blade server, but the iLO serial number instead! I've upgrade to iLO firmware 1.82 and OA Admin 3.0, no change. SHM on the server shows the same information...
6 REPLIES 6
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot see server serial & product part anymore! iLO serial is displayed instead

Has the system board been replaced, on that blade?
If so, whoever did it, might have forgot to enter the Chassis s/n and p/n in the RBSU.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Leclef

Yes the motherboard have been replaced. Thank you for this answer, I'll try to find out the serial from the card-identifier that is attached to the server and fix it. Thank you
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

You're welcome.

You will find the s/n and p/n on the label on the server chassis.

set it in the bios setup (RBSU)
Advanced settings
or system settings
or the service menu
(Depends on model and BIOS ver.)

Remember to use capital letters.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

PS.

You must always do so, on any Prolaint.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Leclef

thank you very much. Other servers are well set up, so only one is missing the info. Thanx for the good support
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

My Pleasure.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo