108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help configuring LDAP integration for BladeSystem OA login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Thanks for the ideas but no, logging in with the user does not work, if it had I wouldn't have tried the tests in the first place ;)

Yes, I would say my OU structure resembles example 1, and so does my search context string, but I still can't get login to work.
Damien GIll
Solution

Hi,

ive just been doing a similar setup and after if figured out i should be using OU instead of CN started to get places.

One important thing ive found is that your group is in a different OU tree to the one where the user is located you must also specifcy the OU where the accounts exist (top level will do if the actual OU is nested below)
so i.e i have two context searches

1. OU=Groups,DC=domain,DC=com
2. OU=SiteName,DC=domain,DC=com

the user in question is in an ou 3 levels below site name and my group is in context search 1.

Hope this helps
Damien.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Finally, thank you ever so much!

Quite funny though that it takes two OU searches, at least to me it's kind of natural that you don't keep all users and groups in the same OU, at least not with 50K+ users :-)

Still, with one search context to the where groups are and one to where the users are placed things started to just work right away.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

You must have a search context to both the OU where the groups are and one to where the users are located in case they are not located in the same OU.