4082 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP NIC teaming software failure on Windows Server 2008 R2 beta

Mike Price_1
Occasional Advisor

HP NIC teaming software failure on Windows Server 2008 R2 beta

Hi,
I recently installed the Windows 2008 Server R2 beta as an upgrade on a BL20p G4 running Windows Server 2008 (non-R2). The upgrade seems to basically have worked except the HP Network Configuration Utility does not seem to work properly. I receive the following error when I try to start it:

findcomponent:cq-cpqteam failed: 0x1

I wanted to try reinstalling the HP utility but the install package wont let me saying the OS is an unsupported version. If anyone has any ideas on how to either fix the problem or force a reinstall of the software I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,
pricemc1
8 REPLIES 8
Xbugsy

Did you ever get a resolution? I just upgraded a system to 2008 r2 and now get the same error. all my teams are gone.
Will Sauter
Occasional Advisor

I have just loaded Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise X64 RTM on a Proliant DL380 G4. I downloaded PSP 8.3 X64, which was released today with support for Windows Server 2008 R2.

I am still unable to team adapters on this machine. The interface for HP NIC Teaming shows up, I click the desired network adapters and click team. The program thinks for a few moments, and says success. It creates the team in ncpa.cpl (network control panel), shows disconnected.

If I reopen the HP NIC Teaming applet, it does not display a team.

HP, any ideas?
branfarm
Advisor

Will,

I've noticed the same behavior. The first time you try to create the NIC team, it will fail (even though it says it succeeded), but the second time it will work. I found that by downloaded the very latest PSP v8.30, specifically for Windows 2008 R2, that problem will go away.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/supportpack-windows/p91519871/v53187/

--Brandon
Lars Kauz
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue on a 2008 x64 server with PSP 8.30 installed using "cqniccmd /C teamnic.xml /L teamnic.log".
The first time it stops with error 1 but it has already created 2 additional "Local Area Connection".
If I run it a second time it is successful.
I think this is a bug
bigdog1742

This is still a problem in 2008 R2...it runs for a while and then the network stops and you haveto reboot. I disabled teaming to see it that solves the probem. Any word on a Fix? mark
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

ok first use latest fw cd 8.7

the boot into safe mode if you have already uses psp pack prives,

now reinstall it and reboot,

ensure there is noting in hidden devices in dev manager , like tefer 2 driver , part of symantec end point , disable it if its there the same for m'soft front end if it s ther e,

now reboot enable teaming what happens now, now heres
a special tip if you have a logitec usb keybord , use another keyboard i sorted one of these today and guess what the logitec keyboard stopped the nic driver functioning i verified the issue with the usb logitec keyboard and that did cause it..

enjoy :)
points appreciated if it guides you :)

enjoy..
Kieran McKenna

An easy solution to this issue:

NB, I hit the problem after doing an in-place upgrade from W2K8 Standard to W2K8 Enterprise

Install the HP Proliant Support Pack (PSP) to your hard drive. Run the setup in Normal boot (no need for safe mode). Select the HP Network Config Utility, acknowledge the warning about installing over the current driver, then proceed with the install.

The updater program will then prompt for reboot.

Once rebooted I was able to re-create my NIC team.
RobertSabelis
Occasional Advisor

Did just that with the SPP for proliant but no succes:

FindComponent:cq-cpqteam Failed just keeps popping up!