1753970 Members
7616 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IP Address on FC module

pz7rx8
Advisor

IP Address on FC module

When I add a VC FC module and look at the Enclosure Bay IP Addressing it has a current address of 10.0.0.1. Is this used internally to the enclosure ? It does not seam to matter what IP you use if I change it to an ip address of a nother server on the network.
3 REPLIES 3
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: IP Address on FC module

You don't mention whether you are using static IP's or DHCP.

Read the notes at the top of the Enclosure Bay IP Addressing page. Normally, one would just either type in an IP address for the new bay, or use the autofill option, then check the enable box.
Then click 'Apply'.

Be aware however, the "Current Address" column can take a long time to update (might take 20-30 minutes) so be patient.

Dave.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

You don't mention whether you are using static IP's or DHCP.

Read the notes at the top of the Enclosure Bay IP Addressing page. Normally, one would just either type in an IP address for the new bay, or use the autofill option, then check the enable box.
Then click 'Apply'.

Be aware however, the "Current Address" column can take a long time to update (might take 20-30 minutes) so be patient.

Remember also that all of the iLO's and IC modules must be on the same (management) subnet.

Dave.
pz7rx8
Advisor

Using static IPs. All VC Enet modules have an address allocated from 130.175.107 subnet. I added a second VC FC module and now both have a current address of 10.0.0.1. The status for both FC modules are green. However, if I change anything on the Enclosure Bay IP addressing, and leave the FC address as they are, I get an error duplicate IP address. So, why would OA complain when the change does not even impact the FC modules.