Comware Based
1752780 Members
6499 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: help to set the Voice VLAN 3com 4500.

brunobpg

help to set the Voice VLAN 3com 4500.

Hello, I'm doing the setup procedure of 3com 4500, in order to work VOICE VLAN, did all the setup, but it does not work, my machine, my phone, still be seen, I would help in configuring a if someone has a step by step, helps me find out where I'm missing.

thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
adiltaleb
Advisor

what'is your global config: dhcp server, vlan interfaces.

voice vlan ID, data vlan id,

Certified 3Com Enterprise LAN Exper/ IP Telephony VCX Expert
brunobpg

I have a DHCP server to distribute IPs for my phone, set VLAN 1 for data, voice to VLAN 3.

could you help me?

No waiting

SquareWorld

I might be able to help.

Do you have an IP address assigned to the 3com switch?

Are you able to TELNET into the 3com and configure some ports via command line?

Do you have DHCP servers correctly serving to each network?

How many switches do you need to configure?

What kind of hard phones are you using - and how do you want them wired into the switch?

brunobpg

Thank you for your help, I got no options, I will answer each of the issues:

1 - I have a fixed IP that I put in my 3com internal network, 10.10.1.148.

2 - yes, I connect via console him to run some commands, and also to connect it the network via telnet, without problems.

3 - DHCP server but got only to the machines, and I have a DHCP server only for the phones, including what I call the DHCP server is the VLAN that the phones only phones.

4 - I use only 1 swicth dedicated to that, I have others in my network of the same model, but which will make this work.

5 - use the model Polycom phones, grandstream, and a DHCP server only for the phones, they must be isolated, but on the same network, or the phones only see the phones and server them.

I hope you understand my environment, any new information you need please let me know.

thanks.

adiltaleb
Advisor

Hi,

please can you specify to me if you use an external dhcp server like Windows Server 2003 or an internat dhcp server on the switch.

if the first case: you need to configure the option184 that surve data vlan and voice vlan network with good mask and gateway.

on data vlan scope: you my to specify on local option 184 the id's 1 4 ip add for primary callp 2 4 for secondary call p and 3 4 0 3 id vlan voice and 0 1 to enable it.

brunobpg

good day,

I use a windows server 2003 server (DHCP, DNS, AD).

and I have another server (linux) that distributes IP addresses to the phones, both servers are internal, which travel the same swicth, ok,

I need configure?

NOTE: The 3com switch is not DHCP.

thanks,

No waiting

adiltaleb
Advisor

if you use an external dhcp, if it's not on the same vlan than the voicevlan, you must config an dhcp relay on voice vlan interface.

and on dhcp: you must first setup a option 184 Param.

and on vlan data scope you must specify id vlan of voice vlan. and on voice vlan scope you must just specify the first and second callp.

TechLanQC

Dear guys

I have 2 models of 3Com 4500 and 5500 switches and we have "Qos-profile default" enable and apply on each port of ours 5500. It seem that this command did not exist on 4500. Can you help me ton configure Qos for EF paquets ?

Thank.