Disk Enclosures
1755841 Members
6172 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

D3700 without the cables is green, as soon the miniSAS cables are connected amber is on

SOLVED
Go to solution
HoracioMiranda
Occasional Advisor

D3700 without the cables is green, as soon the miniSAS cables are connected amber is on

Hello, I am trying to workout the following problem.

I got a brand new D3700 unit from amazon ( yes I know is old after all, I was not aware that the new version was D3710).

I notice the D3700 without cables have green lights, but as soon I attach the miniSAS cable to the P431 that lives in the DL360G8 the Unit start to flash amber light, with both cables connected the amber light becomes solid.

I don't know how to use the USB port, perhaps I can pull more information logs from the controllers to know why the light becomes amber.

anyone have this issue ?

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: D3700 without the cables is green, as soon the miniSAS cables are connected amber is o

Hi,

Have you tried with different SAS cables?
Here are some resources for help.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

HoracioMiranda
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: D3700 without the cables is green, as soon the miniSAS cables are connected amber is o

Hello, I have an update.

After checking a few manuals, I did find the following.

The health is solid amber, the manual state this is catastrofic failure but the controllers shows an error code too. The error code is BA.

The IO Module error codes states:

Error TYPE    Error CODE   Error Detail             
SAS Cable      BA                  HPE unsupported
Error                                      SAS cable

So in short the cable that I am using may have something that the controller detect as unsupported, in order to sort this issue I am getting cables listed on the manual to check if the cables have something special, as I need to cascade two units and connect into new controllers I got the 3 cables, 1m 2m and 4m (yep was not cheap ). Let's see how this goes, as soon they arrive I will let you know more.

Thanks HPE community.