Disk Enclosures
1752774 Members
4948 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P400 : Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on this logical drive

Skenteridis
Occasional Contributor

P400 : Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on this logical drive

Hi,
In June, I had a faulted disk (146GB). So I replaced this disk with a new one, but, since that time, in the "HP Array Diagnostic Utility" I have the following error:

"Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on this logical drive. If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve."

Did I forget to do something?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: P400 : Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on this logical drive

When you replaced the drive did you see it geting rebuilt? I am guessing that it never started rebuilding.
Check the status of the replaced drive and the array/lun that it belongs to.

Try change the rebuild priority of the logical drive to high. I remember reading somewhere that the array will not start rebuilding a logical drive if it is busy with server i/o.
Skenteridis
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer.
When I look in "Array Configuration Utility" I see that all physical and logical disks state's are OK.
There is no info on an error.
In the HP Proliant integrated Management Log Viewer I see :
"Internal SAS Enclosure Device Failure (Bay3, Box1, Port2I,Slot1) : Repaired"

But in the diagnostic tool, there is also the error:
Logical Drive 1 Consistency Check Failed Critical
The Restore priority is already : High.
TTr
Honored Contributor

That's really odd. Take a full backup of the whole server before you look any further.

Have you rebooted the server after you replaced the 146Gb disk?

Do you see any blinking light activity on the replaced disk that would indicate that the disks is in full use and part of an array?

Check the firmware version of the raid controller and the ACU/ADU version. I can't tell if ADU is seing something wrong or is reporting a bogus error. If you decide to reboot the server, check the raid controller from the boot interface rather than from ACU/ADU.
Skenteridis
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in reply but I was sick last week.
Here are answers to your questions:
Yes the server was rebooted several times since we put the new disk.
Yes, there is activity on the disk.
The firmware version of the ACU is 8.0.14.0
I also stopped Oracle and Backup Exec to this server during the weekend to see if less disk activity let it finish its rebuilt process, but nothing has changed.

Thanks for your help
TTr
Honored Contributor

You might be seeing a bogus error. Check out this thread and see if you can do the same.
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=54724