108846 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Host Definitions on Alletra 9000

SOLVED
Go to solution
NOS205
Advisor

Host Definitions on Alletra 9000

Can you create more than one host definition for the same host initiator so that we can have one host definition in one Virtual Domain and the other in another Virtual Domain? But effectively its the same host. Looking to present volumes from two different Virtual Domains to the same physical host.

6 REPLIES 6
Satish04
HPE Pro

Re: Host Definitions on Alletra 9000

Hi NOS205,

Yes, HPE Alletra 9000 Storage allows you to define multiple hosts for the same host initiator in different Virtual Domains.
It is possible to present volumes from two different Virtual Domains to the same physical host while maintaining separate configurations.
Using this setup, you can manage access and configurations independently for each Virtual Domain while still serving the same physical host.

Hope this helps.!

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo

NOS205
Advisor

Hi Satish,

I did attempt to create a new host with the same initiator in a different domain but it told me that the host was already in use and didn't create the host?

Thanks

Ramesh_Kumar_P
HPE Pro

Hello NOS205,

Have you configured the any host definition already. Could you please share the screenshot or the details to understand better.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
NOS205
Advisor

There are hosts already created with their appropriate iscsi iqn initiator. I'm was trying to create a host, using the createhost command, with a different name but using the same iscsi iqn initiator.

Thanks

Ramesh_Kumar_P
HPE Pro
Solution

One initiator can accept only one name. Cannot create multiple names for a single initiator.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ramesh_Kumar_P
HPE Pro

We are awaiting your response. Please confirm status of your query.

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo