1752664 Members
5798 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't add a second OneView to Global Dashboard

ut03550
Regular Visitor

Can't add a second OneView to Global Dashboard

When I try to add an OneView Appliance (the first one) to OneView Global Dashboard all works correctly, but when I try to add a second one, GD always show me the error "Appliance is already added.", but not... 

If I delete the first one correctly added OneView, and try to add the second one, it is added correctly... then I try to add the first one and I have the same error: "Appliance is already added."...

What am I missing?

9 REPLIES 9
BH_S
HPE Pro

Hi ut03550,

Good Day.

Please let us know the following details and log a HPW support case for investigation.

1.  What is the Oneview version?

2. What is the OV Global Dashboard version?

3. Are both appliances deployed on same ESXi host?

4. Was there any changes done to two Oneview appliances DNS name (FQDN)? (which your trying to add in GD)?

5. Did you try to shutdown one appliance and tried to add another one and checked if still same error you get.

6. Capture the screenshots of message shown, OV dump from both the appliances, Dump from Dashboard and log a HPE support case for further investigation with resutls of the above steps.

Thanks,

HPE Employee.

I am an HP Employee

Accept or Kudo

ut03550
Regular Visitor

Hi BH_S.

First at all, thant's for respoding.

1. OneView Are both version 5.00.00.02-0404934 (the last one).

2. OV Global Dashboard is 1.9.

3. THe OV GD and one the de OneView's there was, but we move them... and the other one is in other DataCenter. 

4. No. They are correctly created in our DNS.

5. Yes. We installed other GD too. The problem is the same.

6. Ok. We'll try to open a case.... the screenshot on says "Appliance is already added"... "Resolution: Please verify your arguments and try again"... but all is correct.. 

Best Regards.

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

Global Dashboard will be using the OneView appliance certificates to differentiate the two appliances and verify their uniqueness. You will want to look at those OneView appliance certificates carefully. Are the appliance certificates self-signed or CA-signed? 
I am a HPE Employee.

ut03550
Regular Visitor

Hi.

I tried with initial Certificates, I tried with new certificates self-signed but not working.

I tried to used a new fresh installation of GD, and both OneViews, and then it works to add both OneViews, but when I import the backup again for the two OneViews, then one of the OneViews is again disconnected, and when I try to connect again, GD says that this OneView is already added...

Is it something in the configuration of one of the OneView's? I don't know what to do right now... we cannot delete the C7000 enclosures because it means the total shutdown of our services... I don't know how to do a fresh install again... 

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

Please open a Support Case for this issue. Also create Support Dumps for all of the Global Dashboard and OneView appliances. We will want to work with you via our Support experts to resolve this issue. 

You may try removing the OneView appliance certificates from the Settings > Certificate Trust Store.

However, none of these special operations should be needed. Something is not quite right with the configuration and it will be best to understand and correct that. To do so with minimum disruption requires Support expertise. 

I am a HPE employee

ut03550
Regular Visitor

Hi.

We have yet an open case, and we have sent the dumps...

The option of eliminate the certificates has been tested without sucess too...

The only thing "rare" than we can had been doing was to add an Enclosure to the first OneView, remove it, and add it to the second one... this was because this enclosure is in another datacenter and HPE recomended us to use two Oneview instead only one... 

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

That's really helpful! Thanks! The URI of the enclosure is a unique identifier for the resource. If that was the issue I might expect the problem to show up later in the add process perhaps, but I now have something clear to go test which could be a cause.

I am a HPE employee.

ut03550
Regular Visitor

We have the open case yet without any response from HPE.

We think that the problem is in the internal databases of OneView GD (because the enclusure added first to OneView and then disconnected from this one and added to de second one), but we don't have any way to probe it... 

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

I will send a private message to get CSC case details so we can determine why there is no HPE response. 

In the meantime, you have provided information about the scenario for the OVGD team to test and attempt to reproduce.

I am a HPE employee