Re: how can config oneview to use proactiveHA feature in vcenter

baber1
Regular Advisor

how can config oneview to use proactiveHA feature in vcenter

Dear all

Hi

i want to run proactive HA

my server is DL580 G10

i have download and deploy HPE_OneView_for_VMware_vCenter OVA file and add vcenter to that.

also i have installed HPE_OneView_4.20.01.01_ESXi_Z7550-96659.ova

my vcenter ip = 10.10.50.60

my  one view ip = 10.10.50.77

my HPE_OneView_for_VMware_vCenter  = 10.10.50.78

now from Menu- Administrator - HPE one view for vmware vcenter - server integrations:

in this part we can see to tabs : Oneview - servers

in the server tab i added my esxi host (this is lab and i have just one esxi host )

in the one view tab i insert hpe one view ip and creditional  (10.10.50.77)

but during registering show : Error while registering Hypervisor Manager or Oneview

actually i am confused do i had to install two hp's products hpe oneview and oneview for vcenter ?

please see attach pics

in servers tab we had to insert esxi host info and inserted with succeed

but what is oneview tab ? Do i had to insert oneview info ( ip, user , pass) in that ?

Actually i inssert that info in this tab but according the pic could not register

and according to this i think had to install both products hpe one view and oneview for vcenter

is that correct ?

how can solve the problem ?

21 REPLIES 21
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

From within the OneView for vCenter appliance, you need to register the vCenter with the appliance.

Follow the steps on page 19 of the Installation Guide HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Installation Guide (9.3)

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Once you have the appliance configured to talk to vCenter, then look at the information on Proactive HA starting on page 59 of the User Guide.

HPE OneView for VMware vCenter User Guide (9.3)

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
baber1
Regular Advisor

Dear friend

Thanks

but according to first post i was read this document https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00037524en_us

did you see attached pic in first page ?

if you see that you can see i have added vcenter to oneview for vcenter but there is 2 problem :

1- I don't know is that mandatory install hpe oneview in addition oneview for vcenter for run proactiveHA ?

2- according to attached pic in hpe oneview for vmware vcenter- server integration . there are 2 tabs

oneview and servers

in servers tab i think had to insert esxi host credentials is that correct ?

3- in oneview tab what do i had to insert according to attached pic i inserted hpe oneview credential and it get error

is that correct or no ?

4-now in proactiveHA menu in vcenter i could not see oneview why ?

BR

Newspire
Occasional Advisor

First a bit of background. The HPE integration with VMware's P-HA is based on OneView. In order to use P-HA with HPE servers the servers must be managed by OneView. In addition to OneView you need OV4VC to link OneView to the vCenter. OV4VC collects information about HPE server from OneView and provides that information to the P-HA interface on the vCenter. 

You do not need to do the step in your first screen shot. This is for configuring legacy environemnts that do not include OneView. P-HA cannot be used in these environments. I would delete the Device Credentials under the server tab.

The error in your second screen shot can be ignored for now. It is telling you that the OneView appliance cannot connect to your vCenter. Mostly likely because you haven't imported the vCenter certificate into OneView. This is only used for the Grow Cluster feature and can be ignored for P-HA.

Now you need to enable P-HA in vCenter. 

In vSphere click Host and Clusters  -> click on your cluster -> Configure -> vSphere Availability -> P-HA Edit -> Enable

You should now see HPE OneView for vCenter in the list of Proactive HA Providers

You really need v-motion with more than one host to play with P-HA.

I am a HPE Employee
baber1
Regular Advisor

So thanks

but really confused :

1- now is that mandatory to install both hpe onewview and oneview for vcenter ?

2- i have installed both of them but there is not any link between them i installed oneview for vcenter and add my vcenter in that

but according to this pic not show any about oneview in proactiveHA on cluster

what is problem ?

Newspire
Occasional Advisor

1. Yes, you need both OneView and OneView for vCenter. 

2. You must have the following:

vCenter IP and credentials registered with OV4VC (done via the OV4VC appliance admin page at the appliance IP)

Configure OV4VC with your OneView IP and credentials (vSphere->Administration->HPE OneView for vCenter->Server Integrations->OneView

OneView managed Server Hardware (hosts) in the cluster. All hosts in the cluster must be OneView managed.

I am a HPE Employee
baber1
Regular Advisor

so thanks but in oneview tab when i insert oneview credential it show attached pic

what doo i had to do ?

do i had to add vcenter certificate in oneview ? how ?

would you please help me ?

please see attach pic

baber1
Regular Advisor

I think had to do attached steps for solve the problem is that correct ?

but actually this process has confused me would you say what do i had to do ?

baber1
Regular Advisor

Can anyone help me to solve the problem ?