1754355 Members
4612 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Not getting alerts generated from G7 hardware in HPE OneView 6.6

AmitG0223
Advisor

Not getting alerts generated from G7 hardware in HPE OneView 6.6

We have a customer migrating their monitoring solution from HPE SIM to HPE OneView for hardware monitoring all running Windows. They have some legacy hardware still around and in the process of upgrading, but the upgrade is a slow process. The customer has a mix for G7 and Gen9 hardware and we are getting alerts from the Gen9, however we are not getting any alerts from G7.

We are successfully getting the test alerts from the Gen9, however from G7, we are not getting any.

We have confirmed the G7 SNMP is configured through passthru, that the Windows SNMP service is configured with the OneView SNMP community string as well as HPE Management Agent is installed. 

I tested Passthru using Gen8 hardware and the results are the same, however if I setup an SNMP server to capture the traps, I can get the Management Agent trap on the server but not iLO test trap. Are iLO3 traps being sent from the iLO or through the OS as the environment has seperate subnets for the OS and the ILO and the OneView is on the customers iLO.

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Not getting alerts generated from G7 hardware in HPE OneView 6.6

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView 6.6 Release Notes

2. HPE OneView 6.6 Support Matrix

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Not getting alerts generated from G7 hardware in HPE OneView 6.6

iLO3 traps being sent from the iLO.

Ensure you have the default standard encryption or AES/3DES as mentioned in the HPE OneView support matrix for iLO3

Also SNMP Agents are not available on ESXi 5.x and 6.x.

Please refer Server hardware monitoring features
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001291en_us&docLocale=en_US&page=s_server-monitor-features.html#fntarg_SNMP-AGENTS_4

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
AmitG0223
Advisor

@AmRa 

Thank you,, we had set the encryption to AES/3DES, but are still not getting the alerts.

AmRa
HPE Pro

This issue need detailed log analysis, hence please raise a support ticket with HPE support team for further assistance.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo