1752794 Members
7262 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

OV 3.1 upgrade failure

martin2176
Advisor

OV 3.1 upgrade failure

I will open a Support ticket as advised by Chris in another thread. Just letting you know about this issue

Update appliance to version 3.10.04-0299553
Update appliance failed

Start update
Execute pre-snapshot scripts
Shutdown services
Execute pre-update scripts
Install packages
Execute post-update scripts
Reboot appliance
Update database
Startup services
Reverting the appliance to pre-update version
Update failed

14 REPLIES 14
martin2176
Advisor

Re: OV 3.1 upgrade failure

I have OV GD 1.2 linked to this appliance. But, before I upgraded the OV, I removed the appliance from OV GD.

But it did not help

sdmitriev1
Valued Contributor

Do you have support contract for OV?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case in order to resolve this issue Martin.  The only way to fix the issue is with supports help.  We are in the final stages of publishing a CA on the issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

martin2176
Advisor

Chris

Is there a way to prevent t his from happening rather than fixing it after the fact. The issue was faced in lab during the upgrade
we have yet to upgrade 4 of our Production instances and anything to prevent this from happening would be great.

I hope the CA would have that info.

Also, sev2 ticket was opened on 8/8 2:30 pm EST. No one has got hold off the ticket as of yet. 36 hrs now.

opened under OV SAR ticket 104416318059

FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

Just saw this after opening a new ticket, same 3.1 upgrade problem from 3.0

OV ticket #5322060277

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Is there a way to prevent t his from happening rather than fixing it after the fact.

Unfortunately, no.  We just published the CA last night.  I will be posting a sticky thread in this forum so others know.  IN order to get the "fixme.bin", you will need to open a support case, and reference the CA ID a00018007en_us.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

FREDERIC COLLIN
Advisor

I seem to be having the same upgrade issue but the cause seems different from the CA a00018007en_us since i only have 474 occurences in the audit log. :-(

I also noticed i couldn't add SPP 2017-07 before trying the upgrade but i didn't write down that error.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@FREDERIC COLLIN, we are aware of another upgrade issue where if you have your own Certificate Authority, completed a CSR and the upgrade is failing around 70%, you will need to follow this Customer Advisory.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@FREDERIC COLLIN,

I also noticed i couldn't add SPP 2017-07 before trying the upgrade but i didn't write down that error.

The 2017.07 SPP has changed format.  In order to use that SPP within HPE OneView, you will need to patch your 3.00 appliance to 3.00.08, or complete you upgrade to 3.10. This Customer Advisory talks about that change.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo