108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote support is unable to connect to HPE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cottoc
Advisor

Remote support is unable to connect to HPE

EDIT - As of 8/17/2017 at around 8:45 am CST this appears to have been resolved, at least for myself. My alerts have cleared and I am able to edit my Remote Support Configuration Settings. My assumption is that at this point HPE has resolved the connection issue. I will get confirmation from my case that I have logged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to start a thread to discuss an issue I am seeing, and see if anyone else is experiencing this as well. I am posting within the OneView forum as that is where I am currently seeing this issue, but it may well also affect individuals using an IRS appliance.

From what I gather yesterday HPE did some maintenence, during which they switched IPs for the alias api.support.hpe.com. OneView communicates back to HPE by reaching out over port 443 to the alias I just mentioned.

At approximately the same time as this maintenence occured, all of my OneView appliances that are configured for Remote Support lost connection to HPE. I have an alert that 'Remote support is unable to connect to HPE' and I am unable to edit any of the configurations due to the appliance being unable to communicate with HPE.

I had been troubleshooting this from the viewpoint that there was an issue within my environment, most likely with the firewall. I have also logged a support case with HPE and have been working with them since yesterday. With no success in any troubleshooting today, it may be looking like a larger issue that others are possible experiencing as well.

Obviously HPE is working my support case, and I assume the IRS/Insight Online group is researching as well, I just wanted to kick a thread off in the forum to both A) Confirm that its not just me having a problem here and B) If there are others experiencing the issue, to let them know that it's not just them having a problem!

Thanks!

-Cottoc

9 REPLIES 9
Seburau
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I have the same problem since yesterday.

Paul91
Occasional Advisor

Yep, same here too ... 

Timing around 8/15/17  4:26:14 pm Zurich time

Cottoc
Advisor
Solution

Final update - HPE has informed me that they discovered an issue with one of their load balancers for that alias last night. They published a new cert to it, which should have resolved the issue. I have confirmed that my environment is now able to communicate back to the HPE site.

-Cotton

Vladislav1
Advisor

There was also such a problem on one of the appliances.

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

Is there an email alert filter that can simply exclude this specific alert?  It has been an ongoing issue since version 3.0 and is still an issue with 4.0.  

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Just did the upgrade to 4.0, since I have these alerts as well... Cannot edit the Remote Support settings, get a white window with only the Cancel button... Network settings and internet connectivity is OK for sure...

Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
antsel

I have the same problem since yesterday. I updated to latest 4.0

Mainecoon
Advisor

NOT alertTypeID:remote-support.notconnectedtohp

VivekShenoy

Hi,

I configured iLO Subsystem Name (HostName) and Domain Name and added Server.

Network --- iLO Dedicated Network Port ---General.