1753894 Members
7869 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to troubleshoot Accelerator card with a status of "error"

adidasnmotion
Advisor

How to troubleshoot Accelerator card with a status of "error"

In vCenter this is what I'm seeing when I look at the Accelerator card in vCenter

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 2.44.14 PM.png

The official simplivity Maintenance and Installation guide state that a troubleshooting step when the accelerator card is not detected or the system cannot communicate with the card is to power off the host, wait 3 minutes for the system to fully shut down, then power the system back up.  However in vCenter when I right-click on the host and go to "All HPE Simplivity Actions.." the option "Shutdown virtual controller" is greyed out.

I asked on this forum if I should ssh into the ovc and use the command svt-shutdown-safe to shutdown the ovc and proceed with shutting down the host but I was told that the Accelerator card must be healthy for the OVC to come up properly after a shutdown.

Can anyone tell me if it would be safe to shutdown the ovc and the host and have everything come back up normally even if the accelerator card still won't work?  Is there some other way I can test to see if the accelerator card is just needing a reboot or if its permanently a goner?

3 REPLIES 3
Deepak_K
HPE Pro

Hi,

We would recommend you to reach out the HPE SimpliVity Support for further troubleshooting on SimpliVity OmniStack Acceleration Card issues.

Support Number ( Choose Hyper Converged):

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=A00039121ENW

To log a submit a support ticket online:

https://support.hpe.com/help/en/Content/productSupport/supportCaseManager.html

Thanks

Deepak

Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

adidasnmotion
Advisor

Unfortunately I'm in a situation where, for reasons outside of my control, our support contract has expired and hasn't been renewed.  Thats why I came to the forum to see if there was something I could do myself to troubleshoot or fix the problem or at least determine if the accelerator card error is something a reboot will fix or not.   Is there nothing I can do on my end without calling support?

gustenar
HPE Pro

Hello @adidasnmotion 

I would still try the restart of the host as first option and see if the TIA card is recovered. If the card experienced a firmware issue and needs replacement you will need to contact support for assistance. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo