cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for vCenter patch for CVE-2020-3952

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Support for vCenter patch for CVE-2020-3952

Given the severity of CVE-2020-3952(https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78543) do you know if there will be an official support statement for Simplivity support for the 6.7u3f patch for Simplivity soon? Omnistack 4.0.1 was just released but it only supports up to 6.7u3b.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Re: Support for vCenter patch for CVE-2020-3952

Hi @Matthew Ingram 

Thanks for the using the HPE SimpliVity forum.

In the interop guide for version 4.0.1 we have issued an updated statement around patching vCenter versions. If you look at page 15 of the 4.0.1 interop guide you will see the statement. Looking at the statement, it should be possible to upgrade your VC to 6.7U3f.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00095520en_us

I can double-check firstly however, so bear with me, and I'll update the thread.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

I am an HPE Employee
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Hi @Matthew Ingram 

Thanks for waiting. Just wanted to confirm that updating to 6.7U3f as per the new statement is fine.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

I am an HPE Employee
Highlighted
Advisor

Hello,

I have the same question, but we are running Omnistack 3.7.9 with VCSA U1b (11726888). I am guessing this version of Omnistack doesn't support VCSA 6.7U3f? Any other previous versions of Omnistack maybe?

Thanks in advance.

/Gustav Andersson

Highlighted
HPE Pro

Hi @guan8 

You will need to be on version 3.7.10 or later Im afraid.

Search for "simlivity 4.0.1 interop" on the HPESC portal, and you will see the interop and take a closer look for yourself

support.hpe.com - for the Hewlett Packard enterprise Support Center portal

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

I am an HPE Employee