2583 Online
109025 Solutions
New Discussion

HP synergy boot from microSD

cer113
Frequent Advisor

HP synergy boot from microSD

HI

I have synergy 1200 frame and when i boot it from hard drives it works a charm i am using it for esxi7. However when i try to boot from microSD then it just asks me to install although ESXi 7 is installed on microSD card. What is the trick to boot Synergy Gen10 server from ESXi 7 as this is not described in documents and maybe i dont know where to find these documents as they may be hidden

Does it need special microSD. It just runs installer and then offers 2 disks and GenericUSB3.0 but it wont boot from it. Card is sitting properly because it runs installer but it wont boot from it

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: HP synergy boot from microSD

Are you sure you want to persue something that VMware no longer wants customers to use?  While technically is still supported, there are many drawbacks to using MicroSD or USB flash device for boot.  (See SD card/USB boot device revised guidance (85685) (vmware.com) for more information from VMware if you haven't already).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: HP synergy boot from microSD

Hello @cer113,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo