109025 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reimaging a Synergy Composer2

SOLVED
Go to solution
asteins
Occasional Advisor

Reimaging a Synergy Composer2

Hello, when using the Install package, is it possible that I reimage the Synergy to any version or can I reimage to the version that is installed to the Composer module?

Fro example, we have a Synergy Compoer2 that came with the version 5.50, can we go ahead and put the 8.40 image on a USB stick an reimage it with the 8.40 Install, so we do not have to go trough the upgrade process, which is like 5 steps?

We do not care about backups, as there is nothing to back up, but we had some problems upgrading from 6.60 to 7.00, as the upgrade process fails and rolls back, due to some services that cannot be started.

Thanks, any help is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Reimaging a Synergy Composer2

Yes you absolutely can. The reimage process will overwrite the filesystem with the image you want to use. So, yes, that means loosing data locally. If you only need to get the OneView version up to date without needing to retain configuration, yes, reimage via USB key is a very common method. That is what our installers typically do for a new installation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

asteins
Occasional Advisor

Great, thanks for the quick reply
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @asteins

Awesome! 

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo