108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Did JG933A can use UPnP and how

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex_Br

Did JG933A can use UPnP and how

Dear all!

Our customer use JG933A and try to load list of ip cameras for its LAN.  Brand of IP cameras recommended do it via UPnP.  Did JG933A support UPnP and how we can swith on it? If UPnP not supported, how we can load massive list of IP Cameras? 
Spasibo (Thnx ) 

2 REPLIES 2
Ivan_B
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Alex_Br!

To be honest it is not very clear what do you mean by the "load list of IP cameras" and what do you expect from the switch? Why a switch would list any IP cameras, what is the main idea behind it? To present such a list to switch' administrator or to use it for its own purposes? If second, could you provide any example? Honestly, I have never seen a switch that can utilize UPnP. Simply because there is no any case for a switch to use this protocol. I have seen routers utilizing UPnP for dynamic port forwarding mapping, but why a switch would use it ? 5130 speaks LLDP and very limited CDP and uses these two protocols to understand more about devices connected to it. I am sure those cameras support one of these protocols in order to present themselves to the networking device they are connected to. UPnP then will be used to announce camera's presense to other host devices in the VLAN, like recording server etc...

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Alex_Br

Dear Ivan

At first, thank you for your reply.  So, my message contain all info that we have. Yes, we know more pathes for connecting and manage IP modern cameras models, but we have that we have. So your information is enough to make clear answer.

Thank you!