OEM Solutions
1777284 Members
2346 Online
109066 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Nabanita1

HPE OEM Solutions Social Responsibility Program's Ocean & Water Initiative Becomes Success

envi.jpg

In our previous blogs, we discussed how the HPE OEM Solutions Social Responsibility Initiatives demonstrate our commitment to tackling environmental challenges & engaged our greater HPE OEM community to help the people and the planet. This year-long program aimed to drive awareness and involvement in Socially Responsible initiatives was mobilized around four key areasโ€”Deforestation, Oceans and Water, Poverty and Homelessness, and Healthcare. We dedicated the last quarter to Oceans & Water, and we are proud of the engagement and commitment from HPE stakeholders.

It was inspiring to see how our HPE OEM Solutions community proactively participated in various activities under the last quarter's Oceans and Water theme. From cleaning up trash at the beaches to donating money to the Ocean Conservation Trust, our OEM Community members decided to become dedicated changemakers and got more involved in this social cause.

Kevin Freymeyer, the winner of the Oceans & Water initiative, explained why he wanted to support the HPE OEM Social Responsibility campaign. โ€œSupporting the OEM Social Responsibility campaign was an easy imitative for me to get involved in. I spend a lot of time on the ocean waters here in Florida and see first-hand the effects of plastics in our waters. Plastics not only damage our coral reef systems but have an adverse effect on our fisheries. Itโ€™s heartbreaking seeing a sea turtle wrapped up in plastic string from various sources. Iโ€™m glad my contributions could play a small piece in ridding our oceans of plastics and other trashโ€, Kevin said.

Judy Pianalto, another participant, found it to be a fun experience. She said, โ€œIt was fun to share my activities and to see what everyone is doing to improve our world.  Sometimes we think no one cares but at least we can see that HPE cares and encourages team members to do their partโ€.

According to Bret Madsen, the winner of our Q1 quarter's HPE OEM Solutions Social Responsibility Campaign, "I am proud to be part of an organization that promotes social responsibility, whether it is planting trees or protecting the ocean everyone can do their part to help the planet.  This year my family removed invasive flowering pear trees from our area replacing them with several native trees to maintain a balance in nature and wildlife refuge.  Thank you for providing an opportunity to showcase and promote the activities our colleagues do to help the planetโ€.

The New Poverty & Homelessness Theme:

We dedicated this quarter to Poverty & Homelessness which is a prime concern for numerous countries across the world. Once again, we would love to witness our community members leading the way in presenting HPE OEM as a force for social good. Do you want to learn more about this theme? Stay tuned for our next blog.

Follow us on Twitter | Join our LinkedIn group | Read OEM Solutions blog on the HPE Community | Register here

Nabanita Maji
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/hpe_partner
LinkedIn/groups/6988995/
hpe.com/us/en/solutions/OEM

About the Author

Nabanita1

OEM Solutions team