108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

curses.h, foiled again

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ryan Twombly
Occasional Advisor

curses.h, foiled again

Can anyone tell me how to build a new version of curses.h? The documentation says that it is generated by caps and curses.ed but I have been unable to locate either of these files, nor do I know how they are used in the production of the .h.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: curses.h, foiled again

Hi Ryan:

I'm not sure what you are asking. Normally curses.h is supplied with the OS or with the C or C++ development system. Have you lost yours or are you really looking for the ncurses.h header file? In that case, you can download ncurses from any of the HP-UX Porting Centres.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Ryan Twombly
Occasional Advisor

Here's the comment at the top of the header file:

/* curses.h - this file is automatically made from caps and curses.ed. Don't make changes directly to curses.h!*/

Dunno what else to tell ya, but thanks.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Okay Ryan:

None of my curses.h files (on 10.20,11.0, or 11.11) have anything like that. I suspect that yours came from possibly a gnu version. That message means that the curses.h file was generated by a makefile. It is vitally important that this header file match the curses library you are using and whatever source you are trying to compile. One option would be to download ncurses and use that.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Take a look at this:

http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/ncurses.html

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die