Operating System - Microsoft
1748165 Members
3992 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enable

Balaji Suresh

Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enable

I installed SCCM agent in my server (Windows 2k8 64 bit). I got error in ccmsetup.log as
"MSI: Service 'SMS Agent Host' (CcmExec) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services."
and i am not able to start the service "SMS agent host". Getting error 1508 while restating the service.

Note: I imported ccmExec registry key from working server and imported in this server. Still facing the problem with stating the SMS Agent host service.
I also have admin rights in this server.

Please help me out on resolving this.
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Brian22_1

Re: Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enable

Even though you have admin rights in 2k8 64 servers if UAC is enabled you still need to run with administrator rights. Sounds ridiculous but it's what MS has said would help with security and running unauthorized programs. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

Hope this helps.