1754919 Members
3196 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Hp Proliant DL380 G9 NIC Adaptors

ChetGreen
Occasional Contributor

Hp Proliant DL380 G9 NIC Adaptors

I have a Hp Proliant DL380 G9 that started loosing it's static IP settings on all on board NIC adaptors. The settings keep reverting to DHCP.  Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this?

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Hp Proliant DL380 G9 NIC Adaptors

1. Be sure the correct network driver is installed for the controller and that the driver file is not corrupted. Reinstall the driver.

2. Be sure NIC driver and firmware are updated to latest revision.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

a. If the settings change after server reboot, then check if the server's pre-boot network setting is set to DHCP instead of static IP assignment. You may refer section "Pre-Boot Network Settings" on page 65 of the UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen9 Servers and HPE Synergy.

b. If the issue is within the Microsoft Windows Operating System, then you may refer to the following Knowledge base article and Microsoft Community respectively for more information.

NIC settings are replaced or static IP address settings are lost after you install KB4088875 or KB4088878.

Losing Internet Connection with Static IP

Please note: Both the above links take you outside of HPE domain and HPE is not responsible for such content.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ChetGreen
Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to give you an update on this. I found the solution at the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/internet-protocol-properties-show-default-ip-address