1755484 Members
3767 Online
108833 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp dvd200e

CA713937
Honored Contributor

> Geez you would think that the least that they could do is remove the firmware update from there website...

I don't believe the issue is really the firmware, but more likely an issue with the firmware update process failing within the drive (or perhaps being interrupted) and the drive then ends up reverting to boot code as a result (which banners as "Ricoh program loader").

Reporting the issue to HP support is the right path to take if this happens to you.
The journey IS the reward.
Preston Davis
Occasional Advisor

Jason, welcome to the club. My drive was less than one week old. I fought with them and fought with them trying to get help. They said it was a hardware problem and that I must have performed the update incorrectly. They told me I would have to pay for repairs and gave me an address to send it to.

I've been updating these these things probably longer than most of them have even seen them. I do know how to do it and I did follow the directions to the letter. It updated just fine, so it said, just that it is no longer a HP drive.

I finally tried to use a Rocoh firmware update on it. It took it just fine but something still wants it to be a HP and it refuses to do so. I wish I knew how to write firmware. I am sure someone could solve our problems with a specially written firmware to bring it back to original.

Please remember us if you ever get an answer to this.I have over a dozen of their products but as they need replacing, I'm buying from other manufacturers.

Sorry to hear you are have these problems. Good luck.

Preston
Sherwood, AR
CA1328394

There may be a utility available that can force HP firmware to be overwritten on to this drive now that it thinks it's a Ricoh drive. One of my colleagues would like to talk to the individuals directly to walk them through the procedure. So please contact me at 970-898-1409 if you're experiencing this issue and I'll put you in touch with him.

Preston Davis
Occasional Advisor

Lee,
I appreciate the offer. I finally through out the drive just this morning. I got tired of seeing it on my shelf.

I don't think I would have reinstalled it anyway just to try to fix it. As I said in earlier posts.

If someone does get theirs working, I would love to know about it, though.

Thanks for your interest in helping others.
jason fairhurst

Im willing to give it a try give me a shout my email is stekkin@hotmail.com drop me a line and we will hook up thx for your help.
Virginia Anderson

HP isn't really supporting these machines anymore....suggest looking at platform agnostic machines that will also give you all the driver CD's you need for future use as well. Regardless of the status of your warranty. We decommissioned our machine and replaced with a blu ray jukebox instead from Phantom Data Systems.. look'em up
www.phantomdatasystems.com

Virginia