108959 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Betreff: Can't start ILO: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

SOLVED
Go to solution
MattijsK
Occasional Advisor

Can't start ILO: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Since i liked the first one I bought a second ML310e Gen8 server. This one has a shared ILO connection. I however can't reach it at its IP adress.

the browser tells me it has an unsupported protocol, shows the error 'ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH'. Under details it reads; "De client en de server ondersteunen geen gemeenschappelijke SSL-protocolversie of suite met coderingsmethode."

this translates to: "Client and server don't support a common SSL protocolversion or suite with coding method".

How can I get to ILO to check settings etc?

5 REPLIES 5
MattijsK
Occasional Advisor

Re: Can't start ILO: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I found on Google that the ILO version is too old. I can get to it with Internet Explorer. Is it safe to update to the latest version in one step or is it better to do it in increments?

It has 1.20 at the moment which is from 2013.

MattijsK
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Can't start ILO: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Well, I took the plunge and update straight to the 2,79 version. That worked alright. I can connect to ILO over modern browsers now.

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

I had the same problem. No modern browser accepts the connection.

I solved the problem by using "VNX Launcher" from EMC. This is based on a Firefox portable version and it was made to open websites that use Java or any other outdated protocols. It may be a bit difficult to find it at EMC but a normal Firefox Portable version will probably also work.

After connecting to iLO3, you should go to settings:  iLO Administration - Encryption - AES -> enabled
Then (they say) iLO is accessible with modern browsers too. I'll try it now...

EDIT: Nope! The error changes from cipher_mismatch to "can not open website". So Firefox Portable (VNX Launcher) is the only option that works. (Firefox 51.0.1, 32bit)

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
mcferrero
Visitor

THANK YOU! Our HP ProLiant ML110 G7 ILO 3 v1.94 (Dec 06 2020) servers now are accesible. I dont understand why is this an issue or how to resolve it with normal browsers.

mcferrero
Visitor